Peter H. Gilman regularly represents the world’s leading private equity firms. His clients have included Blackstone, BC Partners, Centerbridge, Lexington Partners, Morgan Stanley, Silver Lake, Stonepeak and Alinda.
Peter regularly advises private equity clients on a wide range of investment management projects, including high-profile private equity fundraisings across all types of asset classes, “funds-of-one” and separately managed accounts for large investors, strategic acquisitions and GP “minority stakes” transactions involving alternative investment firms, internal economic and house/team arrangements, founder succession planning and other strategic initiatives and special projects.
Simpson Thacher was highly commended in the Financial Times’ U.S. Innovative Lawyers Report for Peter’s work advising Blackstone on its unique Tactical Opportunities investment program. Peter’s published work includes a variety of articles in Getting the Deal Through and The Guide to the World’s Leading Private Equity Lawyers (among others).
Peter has also spoken on a wide range of topics relating to alternative investment funds and asset management, including at the IBA Conference on Private Investment Funds in London, the Maples Private Funds Investment Forum in the Cayman Islands, and the Global Fund Finance Symposium in New York.
Peter is a member of the American Investment Council’s Young Professionals Network (a peer selected network of “rising stars” in the private equity industry), the Private Investment Funds Committee of the New York City Bar Association, and the Rotunda Society of the University of Virginia.
Peter is a guest lecturer on Private Equity at the University of Virginia School of Law and the University of Pennsylvania Law School, and is currently a member of the Firm’s Business Development, Recruiting and Attorney Development Committees. Peter received his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law, and received his B.A. in Economics and his M.G.A. from the University of Pennsylvania.
- University of Virginia School of Law, 2004 J.D.
- Articles Editor, Virginia Tax Review; Editor, Virginia Journal of International Law
- University of Pennsylvania, 2000 B.A. in Economics
- University of Pennsylvania, 2001 M.G.A.
- American Bar Association
- Private Investment Funds Committee of the New York City Bar Association
- American Investment Council’s Young Professionals Network
- Rotunda Society, University of Virginia
- New York 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit 2005
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York 2005
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York 2005
Rate : $$$$