Peter E. Gratzinger is of counsel in the Los Angeles office of Munger, Tolles & Olson. His practice focuses on intellectual property and antitrust disputes in high technology industries. He has represented clients in a wide range of technologies, including software, semiconductors, entertainment and pharmaceuticals.
- Google in a multi-patent case pending in the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada related to numerous Google products and services for mobile phones and tablets.
- Verizon in a multi-patent case in the Eastern District of Virginia related to patents covering telecommunications equipment, originally issued to Nortel Networks.
- LG Display in its defense against a class action antitrust case stemming from allegations of price-fixing among manufacturers of display panels.
- ABC in defeating an effort by CBS to enjoin the reality show “The Glass House” based on allegations of copyright infringement and misappropriation of trade secrets.
Mr. Gratzinger frequently writes and speaks about various aspects of intellectual property law. In May 2018, he delivered a presentation about California’s unique approach to trade secret rules at a program hosted by Law Seminars International. Mr. Gratzinger also teaches Internet Law as an adjunct professor at Pepperdine Law School.
Mr. Gratzinger also maintains an active pro bono practice and has provided pro bono representation in various cases involving immigration, First Amendment law, election law and other issues. Mr. Gratzinger is on the Board of Managers of the Ketchum Downtown YMCA, a non-profit serving the downtown Los Angeles community.
Mr. Gratzinger graduated with honors from Stanford Law School in 2003. During law school, he served as executive editor of the Stanford Law Review. Mr. Gratzinger completed his first year of legal studies at New York University School of Law, where he earned the John Norton Pomeroy Prize for academic excellence.
- Stanford Law School (J.D., with honors, 2003); executive editor, Stanford Law Review
- New York University (M.A., 2001)
- UC Berkeley (B.S., 1998)
Bar Admissions : California
Rate : $$$