Peter K. Hahn’s practice focuses on litigation, technology law, IP licensing and prosecution, including patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets. A partner in the Pillsbury’s Intellectual Property practice, Peter’s extensive litigation experience is centered on IP and technology issues.
He has litigated and tried patent cases in the medical products field involving radiation targeting systems, ultrasound systems, joint implants, atherectomy catheters, liposuction needles and dental products. He also litigates IP issues relating to complex hardware and software platforms.
His transactional experience includes advising on technology transfer, joint venture and R&D agreements, as well as sophisticated technology and IP aspects of mergers and acquisitions.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented HM Electronics in two patent infringement cases. Both cases dismissed with prejudice.
- Represented San Diego Comic Convention in Trademark Trial and Appeal Board litigation.
- Represented Multimedia Games Inc. in patent infringement action involving the secure hardware and software platform used in operation of the New York State Video lottery. Court granted summary judgment of non-infringement on all claims.
- Represented Multimedia Games Inc. in patent infringement action involving the secure hardware and software platform used in operation of the New York State Video lottery. Resolved following client’s successful summary judgment motion.
- Served as counsel for Interventional Technologies Inc. (IVT) in a patent infringement action filed over IVT’s atherectomy catheter for use in clearing arterial blockages. Case was successfully resolved after jury trial.
- Represented a trade organization in a copyright infringement action filed by a competing trade organization over documentation provided to members as a member benefit. The case was successfully resolved before trial.
- Represented a leading international aircraft component manufacturer. Advised client on all aspects of developing, protecting and enforcing its global patent and trademark portfolio.
- California Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 1989
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Iowa, 1986
COURTS : Various U.S. District Courts and Circuit Courts of Appeals
Rate : $$$