Peter G. Hawkins focuses his practice on intellectual property counseling and litigation. He also advises on intellectual property due diligence matters, technology transfer, licensing, and portfolio acquisition and strategy.
With a background in materials science and engineering, Peter’s experience encompasses a range of technologies, including medical devices, oil and gas refining, semiconductor memory, telecommunications, diesel engines, and wireless devices.
Peter’s work includes providing patent validity and infringement analyses for both litigation and opinion matters. He is well-versed in all aspects of discovery and has litigated intellectual property disputes in venues throughout the United States.
In addition to his intellectual property practice, Peter has also participated in multiple general litigation trials. Peter has experience in direct and cross examination of fact and expert witnesses, and has argued multiple pre- and post-trial motions in both state and federal court.
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 2006, cum laude, The Michigan Telecommunications and Technology Law Review, Notes Editor
- B.S., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Materials Science and Engineering, 2003, with honors
Bar Admissions :
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- The Chicago Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
Rate : $$$$