Peter J. Hunt, a New York-based Pillsbury partner, is recognized by The Legal 500 U.S. as a leader in employee benefits and executive compensation law. Peter has extensive experience advising employers, financial institutions and investment funds on fiduciary and compliance issues under ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code and securities laws, and he regularly counsels on employee benefits and compensation aspects of corporate acquisitions and dispositions.
He designs stock option and equity-based compensation plans; drafts employer pension, profit-sharing and executive compensation plans and trust agreements; obtains IRS determination letters and rulings; and seeks Department of Labor exemptions and opinions.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Advised on executive compensation aspects of tender offers and mergers of publicly traded companies.
- Advised on human resources and benefits aspects of acquiring a business with operations in the U.S., including Puerto Rico, and 18 other countries.
- Assisted clients implement pension plan lump-sum payment windows and other de-risking strategies.
- American Bar Association (Tax and Business Law Sections)
- New York State Bar Association (Employee Benefits Committee)
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 1984
- B.S., University of Virginia, 1978
ADMISSIONS : New York
Rate : $$$$