Peter Maher is a member of the School Law Practice Group where he represents public school districts in a variety of general education, special education, and labor and employment law matters.
Peter frequently presents on various school law topics and provides professional development training for school personnel. Before obtaining his law degree, he served as a lead teacher at Centennial School of Lehigh University, a state approved private special education day school, nationally recognized for its use of positive behavioral interventions and supports with students with significant emotional/behavioral disorders and autism.
Prior to joining Shipman & Goodwin, Peter served as law clerk to the Honorable Thomas I. Vanaskie of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Hartford County Bar Association
- National School Boards Association Council of School Attorneys
- Connecticut School Attorneys Council; President, 2015-2016; Secretary, 2014-2015
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., 2012, with highest honors
- Lehigh University, M.Ed., 2007, B.A., 2005, with honors
Rate : $$$