Peter Floyd focuses on energy, economic development and public finance transactions and regulatory matters. He is co-leader of Alston & Bird’s Government & Economic Incentives and Public Finance Teams.
With his clients’ best interests in mind, Peter brings parties together at the negotiating table while keeping a firm grasp of technical matters. Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business reports that Peter is “a strong counselor with a client business focus and a proactive work ethic.”
Peter represents clients in:
- Energy and Utility Matters – including electric and gas (traditional and renewable), telecom, water and sewer transactions, including purchases, sales and services (wholesale, retail and distributed generation), transportation, transmission, distribution, hedging, co-ownership, management and joint use; and regulatory matters (compliance, disputes and program development), including before the Georgia Public Service Commission (GPSC).
- Incentivized Development Transactions – including tax abatements and credits, grants, public-private partnerships (PPP), infrastructure and commodity discounts and other incentives.
- Public Finance Matters – including taxable and tax-exempt financings of all sizes, including handling municipal, swap, tax and securities issues.
- Community Development and Government Contracting – including negotiating and managing complex intergovernmental and PPP relationships, the incorporation of special government entities, contracting, governance, regulations and authority and special entity general counsel, and project finance, development, construction, operation and management.
- Georgia State University (J.D., 2000)
- Georgia State University (B.I.S., 1997)
- Executive Committee Member to the Smart Grid Consumer Collaborative
- Georgia Chamber of Commerce, Business & Industry Development Committee; Rural Economic Development Subcommittee (chair)
- Sustainable Atlanta, Inc., and the Southeastern Energy Society, Inc., board of directors; and former board member of Lifecycle Building Center, Inc.
- Energy Bar Association, EBA Demand-Side Resources and Smart Grid Committee (former chair), Southern Chapter and Finance and Transactions Committee
- American Public Gas Association
Rate : $$$