Peter G. Koffler is a partner the firm’s New York Office and is Leader of the New York Real Estate, Land Use and Environmental Practice Group. Mr. Koffler has a broad-based transactional real estate practice, and works on complex and high-profile matters in New York City and nationally.
With over 30 years of experience, Mr. Koffler focuses his practice on all areas of sophisticated commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, sales, leasing, sale/leaseback transactions, construction/development, “air rights” transfers, and financing. Asset classes regularly include commercial/office, multifamily, retail, hospitality, industrial, and mixed use.
His clients include domestic and foreign commercial developers, owners, and operators, as well as several “non-real estate” companies with significant real estate holdings, such as insurance companies, commercial and private banks, mining companies, and pension funds. Mr. Koffler works extensively with the structuring and negotiation of complex multi-tier joint ventures, representing the developer/operator partner and the capital partner and/or preferred equity holders.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1988
- B.A., Boston University, 1985, magna cum laude
Admissions : New York
- Health insurer in connection with the sale of a headquarters building in Manhattan for an excess of $300 million, including a short-term leaseback component.
- Commercial bank in the sale of its Manhattan headquarters building for redevelopment, including a temporary leaseback component.
- Private equity fund in connection with a joint venture platform investment in numerous multifamily properties in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
- Canadian hotel owner/operator in the acquisition and disposition of over a dozen hotels throughout the United States.
- Purchaser in connection with the $1 billion-plus acquisition of a national retail chain, consisting of 51 separate store locations, comprising both owned and leased facilities.
- Premium national steakhouse chain in a sale-leaseback transaction involving the relocation and development of a Las Vegas location.
- Developer in connection with the assemblage and disposition of 37+-acre assemblage site in Maspeth, NY in a series of multiple transactions, with a significant environmental component.
- Seller in connection with the disposition of 100+-acre warehouse site in Carteret, NJ, with a significant environmental component.
- Primary equity investor in the structuring and execution of its $1 billion-plus joint venture transaction relating to the acquisition and development of a large-scale mixed-use project located in central Washington, DC.
Rate : $$$$