Peter J. Kolovos concentrates his practice on securities litigation and enforcement matters, as well as corporate and complex commercial litigation. He has represented numerous public companies and their officers and directors in federal and state securities litigation and enforcement matters, including securities fraud class actions, derivative litigation, and SEC, DOJ and other federal and state regulatory investigations.
He also has conducted internal investigations for companies in a variety of industries on issues such as revenue recognition, options backdating, and earnings management.
His practice also has included a wide range of other complex litigation matters, including mergers and acquisitions disputes, closely-held corporation disputes, intellectual property litigation and commercial real estate disputes.
- Obtained dismissal for a clinical-stage life sciences company of a federal securities fraud class action arising from announcement of disappointing results of a Phase 3 clinical trial
- Obtained dismissal for a medical device company of a federal securities fraud class action arising from a product recall
- Obtained denial of class certification in a federal securities fraud class action for a life sciences company based upon a showing of inadequacy of lead counsel and atypicality of lead plaintiffs
- Successful defense of a medical device company and its officers in a securities fraud class action involving allegations of channel stuffing and improper revenue recognition
- Successful representation of a healthcare services provider and its officers and directors in a class action alleging breaches of fiduciary duties in connection with a merger transaction
- Successful defense of a telecommunications company and its officers in obtaining dismissal of two securities fraud class actions
- Representation of companies in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, technology, defense, insurance, software, and healthcare, in class actions, derivative suits, federal and state regulatory investigations and internal investigations.
- JD, New York University School of Law, 1996
- AB, Economics and Government, Harvard University, 1993
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts
CLERKSHIPS : The Hon. Ronald R. Lagueux, US District Court for the District of Rhode Island, 1996 – 1997
Rate : $$$$