Peter J. Korda is co-head of Seyfarth’s Structured & Real Estate Finance Group and co-head of the firm’s New York Real Estate Practice. His practice concentrates on real estate finance matters, workouts and restructured transactions. Mr. Korda’s work includes the structuring and closing of mortgage loan transactions for the capital markets as well as for conventional acquisition, permanent, interim/bridge, construction, and mezzanine loan transactions.
Mr. Korda has extensive experience in real estate projects across the United States, including handling multi-tier, multi-state, cross-defaulted and cross-collateralized transactions. He has closed numerous fee and leasehold financings and refinancing’s of major residential developments, shopping centers, office buildings, hotels, and specialty projects.
Mr. Korda also has extensive experience on structuring and closing syndicated transactions, as well as the financing of condominium and cooperative properties. During the economic downturn, Mr. Korda devoted significant time to counseling clients in dealing with distressed assets, including restructuring, purchasing and selling of loans and enforcing remedies with respect thereto.
- J.D., New York University School of Law (1979)
- A.B., Brown University (1976)
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York (Real Property Law Committee)
- New York State Bar Association (Real Property Law Committee)
- American Bar Association (Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section)
- Commercial Real Estate Finance Council (f/n/a Commercial Mortgage Securities Association)
- Real Estate Roundtable (Real Estate Capital Policy Advisory Committee (RECPEC) Member, 2017)
Rate : $$$