Peter F. Lake is a nationally recognized expert on a variety of higher education topics, including Title IX. He is professor of law, Charles A. Dana chair and director of the Center for Excellence in Higher Education Law and Policy at Stetson University College of Law. At Steptoe & Johnson, Professor Lake is a Senior Higher Education Attorney and member of the Steptoe & Johnson Higher Education Team.
Together with his teaching, Professor Lake practices law and writes in the areas of torts, higher education law and policy, insurance, and jurisprudence, and has won several awards for his teaching and scholarship. He is an internationally- recognized expert on higher education law and policy and has been quoted or referred to in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Chicago Sun Times, The Chronicle of Higher Education, Inside Higher Ed, Time, Newsweek, Cosmopolitan, various reported legal decisions including the supreme courts of Virginia and Florida, and the most recent Restatement of the Law of Torts.
Professor Lake has authored numerous law review articles and other publications, including five books. He is a highly sought after speaker and futurist, particularly in the field of higher education law and policy. He has served as a presenter or keynote speaker at several hundred international, national, regional, and local meetings.
- J.D. Harvard Law School, cum laude
- A.B. Harvard College, magna cum laude
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Academic Master, Polk County American Inn of Court
- Student Education and Admission to Bar Subcommittee of Florida Bar
- The American Society for Political and Legal Philosophy
- Review Board, Higher Education Center for Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention
Rate : $$$$