Pete O. Larsen is the chair of Akerman’s national Tax Practice Group, a team advising clients in global tax compliance and controversy matters, including complex transactions in the middle market.
Pete works closely with financial institutions, finance companies, vehicle and equipment lessors, retailers, and telecommunication, software, and technology companies on all matters facing multistate companies’ tax departments, including planning, compliance, audit defense, and litigation in all 50 states.
His practice also includes a focus on tax strategies for companies in the emerging technology sectors. These clients, often at the forefront of disruptive technologies – from VOIP to digital products to ridesharing – face complicated tax challenges and risks.
Pete’s comprehensive knowledge in key sectors allows him to anticipate and identify issues early on, advise on their tax implications, and craft develop and implement practical, forward-looking solutions. In addition, Pete oversees the development and implementation of a variety of customized technologies that help clients manage their tax compliance and keep pace with changes in tax laws and regulations that impact their businesses.
- LL.M., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 1996
- J.D., University of Kentucky College of Law, 1989, Law Review
- B.A., Alma College, 1986, cum laude
Bar Admissions : Florida; District of Columbia; Kentucky
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Supreme Court
Professional Experience :
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Wilkes C. Robinson, U.S. Claims Court, Law Clerk, 1989
- Milam Otero Larsen Dawson & Traylor, P.A., Founder and Managing Shareholder, 1996-1999
- Akerman, Board of Directors and Executive Committee
- Akerman Jacksonville, Former Office Managing Partner
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation (IPT), 2015 Income Tax Symposium Committee, Member
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Member
- District of Columbia Bar Association, Tax Law Section, Member
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member
- The Florida Bar, Business Law and Tax Law Sections, Member
Rate : $$$