Peter M. Dreyer has devoted his legal practice to civil litigation in areas including medical malpractice, serious personal injury and product liability. Since joining the firm in 2001, Peter has achieved successful results for many clients and has enabled them to collectively recover more than $100 million.
His experience includes the representation of numerous families who have lost loved ones in fires, drowning incidents, motor vehicle collisions and as a result of medical malpractice.
During the last few years, Peter has won a $5 million jury verdict on behalf of a wife and her husband in a medical malpractice case; settled medical malpractice cases for $7.25 million, $7 million, $6.5 million and $5 million; recovered $10.4 million for a brain-injured drowning victim; and achieved a settlement of $11.85 million for a catastrophically injured person struck by a motor vehicle. During that time, he also recovered $21 million for the families of three children who died from defective products.
Peter is a former assistant district attorney of Bronx County, New York. While working in the Bronx District Attorney’s Office, the fifth largest prosecutor’s office in the United States, he tried criminal defendants for offenses including murder, armed robbery and gang assault.
He also conducted numerous grand jury investigations. Peter was given the distinction of being the sole juvenile prosecutor in Family Court for the Office of the Bronx District Attorney, where he prosecuted juvenile defendants charged with the most serious felony crimes.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- American Association of Justice (Member: Professional Negligence Section, Products Liability Section, Medical Negligence Information Exchange Group, Birth Trauma Litigation Group)
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association (Co-Chair: Membership Committee; Member: Board of Governors, Medical Malpractice Committee, Products Liability Committee)
- Fairfield County Bar Association (Member: Board of Directors 2013-2017)
- Connecticut Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Melvin M. Belli Society, Fellow
- UCLA School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Lehigh University
Rate : $$$