Peter A. Milianti’s practice focuses on labor and employment litigation with an emphasis on discrimination lawsuits of all types and whistleblower retaliation claims. He has represented management before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Illinois Department of Human Rights, Illinois Department of Labor, and in state and federal courts.
He has defended actions brought under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Family Medical Leave Act, Equal Pay Act, Illinois Human Rights Act and wage and hour disputes under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Peter has also practiced before the National Labor Relations Board in defense of unfair labor practice charges and issues surrounding union representation elections. He counsels clients on employee relations matters including employment agreements, confidentiality and noncompete agreements and separation agreements.
Peter also assists clients in the development of personnel policies including employment applications, employee handbooks and drug testing policies.
- Obtained summary judgment for a global telecommunications company on Title VII reverse race discrimination and retaliation claims. (February 2012).
- Obtained summary judgment for a global telecommunications company on race harassment, disability, retaliation, and common law claims. (July 2011).
- Obtained summary judgment for a global telecommunications company in a suit alleging disability discrimination, retaliation, and failure to accommodate under the ADA. (June 2008).
- Obtained summary judgment on disability and retaliation case, as well as favorable award in earlier arbitration with plaintiff’s union. Manning v. The University of Chicago Hosp., 401 F.Supp.2d 858 (N.D. IL 2005).
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, JD, with Honors, 1997
- The University of Iowa, BA, with Distinction, 1994
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Illinois Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
Rate : $$$$