Peter R. Montecuollo is a trial lawyer who focuses his practice in litigation, including product liability, intellectual property, professional responsibility, business and securities matters.
He has experience litigating cases involving breach of contract, business torts, corporate governance, financial institution liability, fraud, misrepresentation, employment and tortious interference with business contracts.
He also has defended corporate directors and officers against claims including mismanagement of corporate assets, fraud and corporate indemnification.
Peter has also litigated patent, copyright, trademark and trade dress infringement, trade secret misappropriation, defamation and unfair competition claims.
Peter’s experience includes second-chairing a federal copyright, trademark and unfair competition trial. He also has handled cases involving liability for internet communications, including the defense of website operators against claims based on statements made by third parties.
In his professional responsibility practice, Peter has defended attorneys against legal malpractice claims, court-imposed sanctions and disciplinary complaints.
Before joining Shook, Peter was an attorney with a large firm in Phoenix, Arizona, where he served as a member of the firm’s ethics committee and collaborated with management to develop and ensure compliance with internal governance, policies, ethics rules, state and federal laws and client guidelines.
- University of Kansas School of Law, 2014
- Order of the Coif
- Kansas Law Review, Note & Comment Editor
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards (Patent Law, Securities Regulation, Intellectual Property, Complex Litigation, Professional Responsibility, Lawyering Skills II, Evidence, Property)
- Walter Hiersteiner Outstanding Service Award
- Intern for the Hon. David J. Waxse, U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- M.A., University of Kansas, 2007 (Philosophy)
- B.A., cum laude, Minnesota State University Moorhead, 2004 (Philosophy)
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Arizona
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Cancer Support Community Arizona
- Arizona Town Hall, Recorder (Former)
- Arizona Volunteer Lawyers Program (Former)
Rate : $$$