As a seasoned litigator and advisor for more than a decade, Peter Mustalish has helped his clients large and small manage and tackle a broad array of civil, criminal and regulatory disputes.
Investor lawsuits, partnerships and transactions gone bad, government and internal investigations, make-or-break-the-company litigation: whatever the challenge at hand, Peter brings his shrewd, commonsense and efficient advocacy to bear while remaining cognizant of his client’s real-world business concerns and challenges.
As a member of dozens of trial, litigation and discovery teams, Peter has helped to guide a variety of clients—from major bank, finance and accounting institutions and multinational conglomerates to C-level executives, closely held companies, professional sports teams and start-ups—through both day-to-day bumps in the road and whatever uniquely threatening legal challenges they face.
Peter is admitted to practice in all courts in New York State as well as before federal courts in the US District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the Second Circuit.
- Conduct, defend and manage interviews and depositions related to internal investigations (e.g. FCPA, SEC, DOJ) and litigation.
- Coordinate, manage and provide strategic advice on negotiation, collection, review and production of discovery, including complicated ESI.
- Briefing and arguing dispositive motions, appeals, motions for class certification and motions to compel or oppose discovery in state and federal courts.
- Represented large regional bank in lawsuit by institutional investors involving dispute over bond issuance.
- Represented big accounting firm in auditing malpractice lawsuit following merger transaction.
- Member of 14-week white collar criminal defense trial team.
- Acting general counsel for international soccer tournament.
- Class counsel in tuition overcharge lawsuit against state university system.
- JD, Fordham University School of Law, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Fordham Law Review, 2005
- BA, Cornell University, 1998
- New York
- New York City Bar Association
Rate : $$$