Peter Grant is a health law attorney with a national practice who has worked with medical groups and independent practice association organizations on hospital-physician joint ventures, HMO and insurance regulation, and reimbursement and antitrust matters. He also assists clients with issues related to HIPAA, health care compliance, health information technology, and privacy and security.
Peter lectures regularly before numerous organizations, including the Advisory Board, AMA, AHA, AMGA, MGMA, ACHE, the Harvard Business and Law Schools, and the University of California’s Institute for Health Policy Studies.
Peter is the former legal counsel to the American Medical Group Association, Hospital Council of Northern and Central California, the IPA Association of America, and the Integrated Healthcare Association.
- Editorial Board, Health Affairs
- Advisory Board, Harvard Health Policy Review
Professional & Community Activities:
- Pew Memorial Trust Fellow, Institute for Health Policy Studies, School of Medicine, University of California-San Francisco
- Former General Counsel, IPA Association of America
- Former General Counsel, California Integrated Healthcare Association
- Past President, Northern California Chapter, Healthcare Financial Management Association
- President, Health Care Conference Administrators LLC
- Chair, Health IT Certification LLC
- Ph.D., Harvard University, 1988
- Dissertation titled “The Struggle for the Control of California’s Health Care Marketplace”
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 1979
- M.A., Harvard University, 1975
- B.A., University of Texas at Austin, 1972
Rate : $$$$