Peter Tomczak serves as the Chair of Baker McKenzie’s North America Litigation and Government Enforcement Practice Group. Peter serves on the North America Pricing Committee, and oversees the practice group’s development and review of non-hourly fee based arrangements, or AFAs.
In addition, he serves as a member of the Global Steering Committee of the Firm’s Industrials, Manufacturing and Transportation (IMT) industry group. He joined Baker McKenzie in 2003, after having served as a law clerk for the Delaware Court of Chancery.
Peter’s principal areas of practice are corporate internal investigations, corporate compliance and complex business disputes. He has conducted internal investigations of compliance issues, including in particular under the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, for multinational corporations in multiple international jurisdictions.
He regularly counsels clients and their boards of directors on issues of corporate compliance and corporate governance, particularly with respect to anti-corruption matters.
Peter also focuses his practice on complex business disputes, primarily those involving disputes among corporate constituents and fiduciary wrongdoing, and has significant experience with claims for emergency injunctive relief and other extraordinary equitable remedies.
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D. magna cum laude, Order of the Coif) (2002)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (B.S. Economics Highest Honors) (1999)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit (2014)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit (2014)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois (2007)
- Illinois~United States (2002)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Wong Sun Society of San Francisco – Member
- American Bar Association – Criminal Law Section – Member
- American Bar Association – Business Law Section – Member
Rate : $$$