Peter Schoemann’s areas of focus include corporate and tax. His corporate practice includes formation of corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships, operating matters, private offerings, and mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Schoemann’s tax practice includes representation of clients with respect to corporate income tax matters, partnership tax matters, tax-exempt organization matters, individual income tax matters, and state and local tax matters. He also counsels clients on the tax effect of various formations, equity offerings, acquisitions, and other transactions.
His corporate and tax practice also include structuring and implementing ownership of complex business ventures, such as complex real estate developments. He graduated first in his class from the University of Florida Levin College of Law L.L.M. Tax program and is a member of the University of Florida Hall of Fame.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, LLM, Taxation, first in class (1997)
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, JD, cum laude (1995)
- University of Florida Fisher School of Accounting, MA, Accounting (1995)
- University of Florida Fisher School of Accounting, BS, Accounting, summa cum laude (1991)
Admissions : Florida
- Has provided general corporate representation of sellers and buyers in the sale or purchase, as applicable, of businesses in various industries. Such engagements ranged in price from thousands to tens of millions.
- Has provided income tax representation of sellers and buyers in the sale or purchase, as applicable, of businesses in various industries. Such engagements ranged in price from thousands to hundreds of millions.
- Has provided corporate representation of various clients in real estate and development. Transactions have ranged in amount from thousands to hundreds of millions.
Previous Professional Experience:
- Attorney Advisor, United States Tax Court in Washington D.C. for the Honorable Carolyn P. Chiechi
- Associate, Holland and Knight LLP (May 1999-May 2004)
Professional Activities : Member, The Florida Bar
- President, Breaking Barriers Martial Arts, Inc.
- Seminole County Task Force on Homelessness
- Founder, Chamber of Commerce for Persons with Disabilities, Inc.
- Past Chair of the Board of Directors, Seminole County Regional Chamber of Commerce
Rate : $$$