Peter Smyth practices in the areas of estate and wealth transfer planning, federal taxation, trust and estate litigation, and Utah state and local taxes. He uses wills, trusts, and sophisticated planning techniques to ensure his clients’ goals are achieved.
Peter is also experienced in business tax matters including income taxation of partnerships, corporations, and S-corporations regarding both entity level and owner level tax issues. Additionally, Peter advises clients on state and local tax matters such as sales and use tax and property tax.
During law school, Peter was a legal intern in the City of Philadelphia Law Department’s Tax Unit. Before joining Holland & Hart, Peter worked as a Tax and Estate Planning Associate at Callister, Nebeker & McCullough, PC and at Hale & Wood, PLLC.
- Design and implement estate plans and assist with efficient wealth transfer
- Advise concerning business formation, operation, disposition, and dissolution
- Represent taxpayers before federal, state, and local taxing authorities
- Georgetown University Law Center, Master of Laws in Taxation, 2013 Estate Planning Certificate
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 2012
- University of Utah, B.A., 2007
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- Tax Section of the Utah State Bar, Vice Chair
- Estate Planning Section of the Utah State Bar, Member
- Salt Lake Estate Planning Council, Member
- National Business Institute, Lecturer on business, tax, and estate planning topics
Rate : $$$