Peter A. Susser works with global employers to design and implement human resources policies and to resolve a broad range of workplace issues. He also provides his clients with international and employment law counseling. Domestically, Peter regularly handles matters involving :
- Defense of discrimination and harassment claims
- Traditional labor law matters
- Occupational safety and health issues
- Emergency preparedness programs
- Family and Medical Leave Act matters
He often appears before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the National Labor Relations Board. He also is a registered lobbyist involved with legislative developments in Congress and participates in rulemaking proceedings before federal agencies, such as the Department of Labor. He serves as counsel to several national trade associations on employment law, and workplace safety and health matters.
Peter has published dozens of articles on a wide range of employment law and workplace safety issues that have appeared in legal journals, human resources publications and trade journals. He also is the author of several employment law treatises.
Peter serves as Littler’s corporate secretary, Global Practice Leader and chairs the International Employment Law Practice group. Previously, he served as chair of the firm’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration and Workplace Safety Practice group and as the office managing shareholder of the Washington, D.C. office. Prior to working at Littler, he was a trial attorney for the Office of the Solicitor at the U. S. Department of Labor in Washington, D.C.
- LL.M., Georgetown University Law Center
- J.D., College of William & Mary
- B.S., Cornell University
Courts : U.S. Supreme Court
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section, American Bar Association
- Member, International Bar Association
- Member, International Employee Benefits Association
- Member, American Benefits Council
Rate : $$$