As a partner in the firm’s Debt Finance Department, Peter S. Szurley represents major financial institutions, hedge funds and finance companies. He handles complex commercial financings of all kinds, including syndicated and single-bank lending transactions, leasing, securitizations and structured finance. He also works on domestic and cross-border transactions.
Financial institutions turn to Peter for his experience in credit restructurings inside and outside of bankruptcy and hedge funds seek his counsel on financing and general corporate matters.
Peter co-chairs the Opinions Committee of the Business Law Section of the State Bar of California and he is a member of its Steering Committee. He formerly served as a co-chair and co-vice chair for both the Council of State Bar Sections of the California State Bar and the Uniform Commercial Code Committee of the Bar’s Business Law Section.
Peter is a founding member and director of the California Lawyers Guild, a voluntary, statewide bar association in California formed in 2016 to encourage and support legal education, the administration of justice and the highest standards of integrity, competence, civility and well-being of all members of the profession.
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, JD, Member, Southern California Law Review, 1985
- University of California Los Angeles, BA, cum laude, 1982
Admissions : California
- Co-Chair, Opinions Committee, and Member, Steering Committee, California State Bar Business Law Section, 2017
- Former Co-Chair and Co-Vice Chair, California State Bar Council of State Bar Sections
- Former Co-Chair and Co-Vice Chair, Uniform Commercial Code Committee, California State Bar Business Law Section
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
Rate : $$$$