Peter B. Wolf is a Corporate & Securities associate in Mayer Brown’s Palo Alto office. He focuses on mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, securities offerings and general corporate governance matters. Pete also represents clients in connection with financing of startups as well as founders in the formation of startups and in exit transactions.
Pete represents publicly held and privately owned companies and private equity funds in a variety of industries, including the life sciences, financial services and technology, media, energy, chemical and agribusiness, and steel industries.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2013, Pete was a member of the Corporate & Securities practice group of a prominent national law firm in Chicago. He received his JD from the University of Chicago Law School in 2010 and his BA in economics from Bucknell University in 2004.
Pete is a member of the University of Chicago Law School 1902 Leadership Committee and serves on the board of directors of the Walter S. Mander Foundation, a Chicago-based charitable organization. Prior to law school, Pete worked as a reporting associate at Legg Mason Capital Management.
- The University of Chicago Law School, JD
- Bucknell University, BA
- Regularly represent a world-wide management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company and a bank holding company in various venture capital investments.
- Represented TransCanada Corporation in the sale of its U.S. Northeast power generation business in two parallel transactions with affiliates of LS Power Equity Advisors and ArcLight Capital Partners, LLC.
- Represented Ally Financial Inc. in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of BlueYield, Inc., a provider of online automobile loan aggregation services.
- Represented Dow AgroSciences LLC, a subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company, in the sale of its Vikane and ProFume businesses to Douglas Products and Packaging Company LLC.
- Jointly represented ArcelorMittal and Gerdau S.A. in the sale of their joint venture, Gallatin Steel Company, a flat rolled mini-mill located in Gallatin County, Kentucky, to Nucor Corporation.
- Represented GATX in its acquisition of GE Capital Rail Services’ North American per diem boxcar fleet, consisting of more than 18,500 boxcars.
- Jointly represented the stockholders of a closely-held wholesale drug distributor in connection with the sale of the business to a publicly owned healthcare provider.*
Rate : $$$