Pfeiffer M. Middleton is an associate in the Business Litigation section of Troutman Sanders. Her practice includes representing both plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of complex civil litigation matters, including class action litigation and securities litigation
Pfeiffer earned her law degree, magna cum laude, from the University of Georgia School of Law, where she was selected for induction into the Order of the Coif. While in law school, she served on the editorial board and as a symposium editor for the Georgia Law Review.
Prior to attending law school, she graduated magna cum laude, with honors, from the University of Georgia with a B.A. in political science, a B.A. in international affairs, and a minor in anthropology.
Representative Matters :
- Represent private investment firm in state and federal securities fraud claims in connection with a go-private merger transaction with a company listed on the Alternative Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange.
- Defeated preliminary injunction motions filed against multiple financial institutions and their directors and officers seeking to enjoin shareholder votes on M&A transactions and ensuring those companies’ ability to hold a successful shareholder vote and consummate the transaction.
- Secured favorable outcomes in early stages of litigation for numerous corporations and their directors and officers in multiple derivative actions alleging various breaches of fiduciary duty and violations of Section 14(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 which challenged the price, process, and disclosures of the company in relation to M&A transactions.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Atlanta Bar Association, Atlanta Council of Younger Lawyers
- State Bar of Georgia, Young Lawyers Division
- University of Georgia Alumni Association
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2018,
- University of Georgia, B.A., magna cum laude, with honors, 2015, Political Science and International Affairs, Minor in Anthropology
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
Rate : $$$