Phil Butler has practiced in the area of civil litigation since 1971. He has been lead chair in defending over 100 jury trials in the most difficult and challenging forums in the State of Alabama.
Phil’s trial experience includes such areas as products liability, reinsurance disputes between insurance carriers, insurance fraud and bad faith, wrongful death actions, motor vehicle accidents, aviation crashes, pharmaceutical mass tort litigation, construction disputes and eminent domain.
In recent years, Phil has become heavily involved in the defense of pharmaceutical products liability actions, generally for medications which have been removed from the market. He serves as lead chair trial counsel for many of these cases and also serves on national expert witness committees for two major pharmaceutical companies.
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 1971, Phi Delta Phi
- University of Alabama, A.B., 1968
Professional & Community Activities:
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Montgomery Bar Association
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
Rate : $$$$