Philip M. Berkowitz is the U.S. practice co-chair of Littler’s International Employment Law Practice Group and co-chair of the Financial Services Industry Group. He advises multinational and domestic companies in a wide range of industries on employment-related matters. He has significant experience advising multinational companies regarding U.S. and overseas employment and executive compensation practices.
He represents employers in individual and class action lawsuits and arbitrations, and he appears in U.S. federal and state courts and before administrative agencies and international arbitration tribunals.
Philip handles all regulatory facets of employment law, including : Employee benefits, Trade secrets, Restrictive covenants, Employment agreements, Executive compensation. His diverse selection of clients includes companies in financial services, oil and gas, pharmaceuticals and chemicals, publishing, and fundraising.
A respected authority on international employment law issues, Philip conducts training worldwide on labor and employment matters. He is a frequent speaker before the American Bar Association, the International Bar Association, the Japan Society and other prominent international organizations. Philip is the founding chair of the Practising Law Institute’s (PLI) Annual International Employment Law Conference.
- J.D., Northwestern School of Law of Lewis and Clark College, 1978
- B.A., State University of New York at New Paltz, 1975
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Vice Chair, International Employment Law Committee, International Law Section, American Bar Association
- Vice Chair, Employment Law Committee, International Law Section, American Bar Association
- Vice Chair, Diversity and Equality Law Committee, International Bar Association
- Former Chair, International Law Practice Section, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Corporate Advisory Council, Japan Society
Rate : $$$