Philip W. Danziger is a litigator and member of the Life Sciences Health Industry Group. His practice focuses on defending pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in state and federal courts throughout the United States, including multi-district litigations, mass torts, and class actions.
A significant part of his practice involves defending against fraud, False Claims Act, and qui tam litigations, as well as counselling clients in government and internal investigations. Phil also has a broad range of commercial litigation experience, at the trial and appellate levels, and in alternative dispute resolution forums, ranging from business torts and contract disputes to consumer fraud claims.
Phil has a history of public service in the federal and state governments. Phil joined Reed Smith after serving as the first federal law clerk to Hon. Brian R. Martinotti, U.S.D.J., in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, and he previously served as Judge Martinotti’s Mass Tort/MCL law clerk in the Superior Court of New Jersey.
He also completed externships in the Enforcement Department of FINRA and the Chambers of Hon. Joel Schneider, U.S.M.J., in the District of New Jersey.
- Rutgers University, 2011, J.D.
- Rutgers University, 2008, B.A.
Professional Admissions & Qualifications :
- New York
- New Jersey
- District of Columbia
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court – District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals – Third Circuit
- Brian R. Martinotti, U.S. District Court – District of New Jersey
- Brian R. Martinotti, Superior Court – New Jersey
Rate : $$$$