Philip A. Goldstein represents management in all aspects of employment litigation in federal and state trial and appellate courts as well as before the EEOC and numerous state civil rights agencies. His experience includes representing companies in a variety of employment matters, with substantive areas including federal, state and local civil and human rights statutes, such as Title VII, ADEA, ADA, FMLA, ERISA, and the NYSHRL and NYCHRL.
Phil also regularly advises employers in wage and hour compliance issues and defends employers in collective and class action lawsuits. Phil represents and assists clients in a broad spectrum of industries including financial services, manufacturers, service companies, healthcare institutions and restaurants.
Apart from his litigation practice, Phil drafts and provides advice on non-compete/non-solicit agreements, professional service agreements (contracts), and personnel policies, and also advises human resources clients in implementation, enforcement and interpretation of policies.
Phil serves as the pro bono coordinator for McGuireWoods’ New York office. Phil also is a member of the New York State and American Bar Associations. He also is a contributing editor to the Developing Labor Law treatise.
- Defense of employee claims asserting wrongful termination, breach of contract, and unlawful harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
- Drafting and advice on employment-related policies, employee handbooks, and employment contracts.
- Class actions asserting misclassification and off-the-clock overtime and minimum wage violations and related claims.
- Hybrid nationwide FLSA collective actions and state law class actions asserting misclassification and off-the-clock overtime and minimum wage violations and related claims.
- Hofstra University School of Law, JD, Editor in Chief, Hofstra Labor and Employment Law Journal, 2001
- Binghamton University, State University of New York, BA, Political Science, BA Philosophy, Politics and Law, 1998
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
Rate : $$$$