Philip L. Gordon has years of experience litigating privacy-based claims and counseling clients on all aspects of workplace privacy and information security. He has provided advice to businesses of all sizes on:
- Surveillance of employees’ electronic communications
- The Federal Stored Communications Act
- Location tracking and use of GPS-enabled devices
- Social media and other new technologies affecting the workplace
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- Global data protection laws
- The Genetic Information Non-Discrimination Act of 2008 (GINA)
Philip also has substantial experience representing employers in disputes involving misappropriation of trade secrets, claims of unfair competition and charges of wrongful termination.
In addition, he regularly counsels businesses on compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act’s Accessibility Guidelines and frequently defends businesses against claims of public accommodation discrimination.
The chair of Littler’s Privacy and Data Protection Practice Group, Philip writes extensively on workplace privacy issues and has given dozens of presentations on the topic. He is the principal author of Littler’s workplace privacy-related publications.
He taught privacy and data protection law as an adjunct professor at the University of Colorado School of Law in 2004 and 2005. Prior to joining Littler, he was an associate and partner at two other law firms. He served as a judicial clerk on the United States Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit.
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 1989
- B.A., Princeton University, 1984
Courts : U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Advisory Board, Bloomberg BNA’s Privacy and Security Law Report
- Member, Advisory Board, Cybersecurity Law Institute, Georgetown University Law Center, 2014
- Co-Chair, Privacy and Data Protection Practice Group, Ius Laboris, 2010-2012
- Member, Advisory Board, University of Colorado School of Law’s Silicon Flatirons Institute
- Former Member, Editorial Board, International Association of Privacy Professionals
Rate : $$$