Philip M. Guffy concentrates his practice on complex restructuring and bankruptcy matters and related litigation.
Philip previously served as a judicial intern and then law clerk to Chief Judge Carla E. Craig of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of New York.
During law school, Philip was an associate managing editor of the Brooklyn Law Review and a member of the moot court team.
He was also selected as the American College of Bankruptcy’s Distinguished Bankruptcy Law Student for the Second Circuit and received the American Bankruptcy Institute Medal of Excellence.
- In re Vanguard Natural Resources, Inc. (Bankr. S.D. Tex.) Local counsel to the Debtors.
- In re FirstEnergy Solutions Corp. (Bankr. N.D. Ohio) Assisted in the representation of the Ad Hoc Noteholder Group.
- In re Seadrill Limited (Bankr. S.D. Tex.) Assisted in the representation of the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors.
- In re the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico (D.P.R. (PROMESA Title III)) Assisted in the representation of the Mutual Fund Group.
- In re CHC Group Limited (Bankr. N.D. Tex.) Assisted in the representation of the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors.
- Brooklyn Law School, JD, magna cum laude
- University of Houston, BA
- New York
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of Texas
Rate : $$$