Philip J. Weis’ employee benefits practice focuses on representation of employers, involving the design and administration of qualified retirement and welfare plans, deferred compensation arrangements and Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) issues.
Philip represents large, publicly-traded employers in a number of matters, including:
- Establishing top-hat plans for executives.
- Addressing and updating health and welfare programs for recent HIPAA, COBRA and other recent law changes.
- Handling investments, including appointment of trustees, investment managers and investment partnerships.
- Arranging the consolidation of multiple retirement programs, as well as the consolidation of health and welfare plans.
- Advising clients on ERISA fiduciary matters and on reporting and disclosure matters.
- Representation before the IRS in qualification matters and correction of defects.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 1985, summa cum laude
- LaSalle University, B.S., 1982, summa cum laude, Accounting
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- American Bar Association Section of International Law
Rate : $$$