Philip E. Legendy is a litigation associate in O’Melveny’s New York office and a member of the firm’s Healthcare and White Collar Defense and Corporate Investigations practice groups. His practice focuses on defending against government enforcement inquiries, and general litigation under the laws that apply to Medicare Advantage and commercial insurance issuers, and other regulated entities.
Prior to entering the practice of law, Philip served for several years as a securities analyst covering the healthcare industry, with a focus on the medical devices sector.
- Assisting several major Medicare Advantage Organizations defend against government inquiries related to their Medicare Risk Adjustment practices, alleging violations of the Anti-Kickback Statute and False Claims Act.
- Advising major private health insurance issuers on litigation strategies related to disputes under the Affordable Care Act’s Risk Corridors and Risk Adjustment programs.
- Litigating through trial and jury verdict a precedent-setting insurance coverage dispute related to liability for legacy ground-contamination remediation.
- New York
- New Jersey
- Fordham University, J.D., Magna Cum Laude
- Princeton University, B.A., Politics
Rate : $$$$