Philip E. Taubman, Senior Partner of Taubman Kimelman Soroka LLP, is experienced in a wide range of areas of law. He specializes in the fields of employment discrimination, sexual harassment, civil rights cases, first amendment and whistleblower litigation, public service employees and disciplinary issues. He also handles police liability matters and commercial and personal injury litigation.
Mr. Taubman is former Treasurer and former member of the Board of Directors of the National Employment Lawyers Association of New York (NELA), and has chaired the Speakers Bureau of NELA, and serves on the Employment and Labor Committees of the New York County Lawyers Association and Brooklyn Bar Association.
Mr. Taubman is also a Mediator for the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York and an Instructor of Labor and Employment Law at the City University of New York. He had also served as General Counsel for the Correction Officers Benevolent Association of New York. He is currently General Counsel for the TSA screeners at JFK, LaGuardia and Newark airports.
Mr. Taubman has been involved in numerous civil rights and discrimination cases that have received extensive coverage in the press including the leading pregnancy discrimination case against the City of New York, Aversa v. New York City Department of Corrections.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- National Employment Lawyers Association of New York
- New York County Lawyers Association, Employment and Labor Committees
- National Employment Lawyers Association of New York, Former Treasurer
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, Mediator
- Local 2222 American Federation of Government Employees, TSA Screeners , General Counsel
Rate : $$$