Philip J. Tendler is the co-leader of Pillsbury’s Bank Finance team and offers clients the benefit of his deep experience representing borrowers and lenders on a broad range of financing matters.
Philip’s practice encompasses corporate and project finance, trade receivables securitizations, asset-based lending facilities, term loans (in both the pro rata & term loan B markets), venture debt, mezzanine and subordinated debt, leveraged leases, and distressed and exit financings.
He is an advisory board member of the Institute for Energy Law and, before joining Pillsbury, was an equity securities analyst in the Global Energy and Power Group at Schroders.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented AT&T Inc. in its Otter Media joint venture with The Chernin Group.
- Counsel to SYNNEX Corporation, a global business process services company, in structuring, obtaining and refinancing more than $2.7 billion of credit facilities in the United States, Canadian and Japanese lending markets.
- Counsel to PurEnergy in connection with the acquisition of a 440MW power generation facility and restructuring of a $320 million leveraged lease.
- Counsel to Headwaters Incorporated in connection with structuring, obtaining and repricing a $425 million Term B Loan, a $350 million incremental Term B Loan in connection with a leveraged acquisition, and the banking aspects of its $2.6 billion acquisition by Boral Limited.
- Counsel to Barkbox in structuring and obtaining a $35 million revolving credit facility with an innovative advance formula based on both recurring revenue and asset based lending principles
- Counsel to Renewable Energy Group Inc. regarding secured revolving credit facilities and letter of credit facilities for various subsidiaries.
- Counsel to DSG International in obtaining an $80 million first lien combination ABL/term loan credit facility and a $55 million second lien term loan credit facility incurred to finance the acquisition of Arquest Inc.
- Counsel to a publicly traded REIT in the assignment of approximately $300 million of commercial real estate loans to a joint venture of Divco West and TPG Capital formed in connection with a $1.3 billion divestiture.
- Counsel to administrative agent in connection with the evaluation of lender rights and intra-syndicate actions arising in connection with the enforcement of a $200 million syndicated credit facility.
- Counsel to lender in restructuring of distressed $100 million agricultural credit which included additional guarantees and $65 million of additional real estate collateral.
- Counsel to ad hoc committee of stockholders of Trident Resources Corp. in corporate governance restructuring and providing C$120 million subordinated debt financing.
- Serves as pro bono legal counsel to, and previously as a member of the board directors of, a non-profit social services agency.
- Past and present affiliations include: Bar Association of San Francisco; Association of International Petroleum Negotiators; Municipal Fiscal Advisory Committee to the Mayor; advisory board member, The Institute of Energy Law.
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, 2000
- B.A., Brandeis University, 1994
- School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, 1993
ADMISSIONS : California
COURTS : U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
Rate : $$$