Philip Touitou has extensive experience representing clients in complex commercial litigation matters. His practice focuses on business disputes, including corporate class actions, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, business torts, professional liability, directors and officers’ liability, captive insurance liability and insurance coverage matters.
Mr. Touitou joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in July 2004. Previously, he was a partner at a mid-sized New York law firm, where he served as chair of the firm’s Continuing Legal Education Committee and as a member of the Partner-Associate Liaison Committee.
In 1988, he worked as a judicial clerk/intern for Hon. Alfred M. Wolin of the U.S. District Court in Newark, New Jersey. From 1989 to 1992, Mr. Touitou was an associate with the Newark, New Jersey, firm of Saiber Schlesinger Satz & Goldstein.
Representative Matters : Clients that Mr. Touitou has represented include Chubb Insurance Group; American International Group, Inc.; Gulf Insurance Group; Zurich N.A.; Westport Insurance (GE), Renaissance Re, CCC Insurance Co. (Bermuda), Ltd.; Western Union Corp., Inc.; Herbert Mines Associates, Inc.; Hallmark Entertainment Inc.; and Crowne Media Holdings, Inc. Representative cases that Mr. Touitou has handled include :
- Insurance Coverage – Raritan Bay Federal Credit Union v. CUMIS Insurance Society, Inc., 2009 WL 2223049 (D.N.J. July 23, 2009).
- Professional Liability – Class Actions. Koehler v. Green, No. CV 405-367-JFN (D. MO., April 20, 2006), aff’d, 483 F.3d 590 (8th Cir. 2007).
- Directors’ & Officers’ Liability. Kew Gardens Hills Apt. Owners, Inc. v. Horing Welikson & Rosen, P.C., ___ N.Y.S. 2d ___, 2006 WL 3526763, 2006 N.Y. Slip Op. 09180, (2nd Dep’t, December 05, 2006).
- CGL Coverage and Duty to Defend. United National Ins. Co. v. Waterfront N.Y. Realty Corp., 948 F. Supp. 263 (S.D.N.Y. 1996).
- Government Contracts, Commercial Litigation. New Valley Corp. v. United States, No. 94-78SC (DGW) (Fed. Cl. 1994).
Professional Affiliations : New York City Bar
- J.D., Rutgers School of Law – Newark, 1989
- B.A., Rutgers College, 1986
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Rate : $$$$