Phillip H. Babich is a senior associate in the Energy and Natural Resources (ENR) Group where he litigates and advises on issues concerning land use and zoning, property rights, real estate development, waste management, environmental law, energy project development, public contracting, and business disputes.
A strong advocate, Phillip gets positive results through careful attention to client needs, thorough investigation of facts, and thoughtful and persuasive communication.
- University of San Francisco School of Law, 2009, J.D., cum laude, Executive Director, Moot Court Program 2008 – 2009
- University of California, Berkeley, 1992, B.A., English Literature
Professional Admissions & Qualifications : California
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of California
- All State Courts – California
- Successfully challenged Contra Costa County Office of the Sheriff to reinstate visitation program for detained immigrants by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement at the West County Detention Facility.
- In collaboration with the ACLU of Northern California, consulted hospitals and social service organizations on responding to immigration enforcement actions by U.S. Immigration Customs and Enforcement (ICE) and Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
- Won appeal for U.S. Army veteran in front of the Board of Veterans Appeals (BVA) for disability benefits for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
- Second chair in federal jury trial on behalf of state prisoner who alleged violation of constitutional rights for inadequate medical care.
- Challenged City and County of San Francisco’s Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the Central SoMa Plan with respect to transit, traffic, and air quality impacts under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
- Litigated constitutional challenges against the cities of Brisbane and Rialto, California, for tax assessments against liquid fuel storage facilities. Principal author of summary judgment motion. Co-author of appellate brief.
Rate : $$$$