Phillip J. Binotto focuses his practice in the area of labor and employment law, general litigation, complex construction contract litigation, municipal law, and general corporate law. Mr. Binotto has represented hospitals, contractors, manufacturers, non-profit organizations, municipalities, and corporate clients on all aspects of labor and employment law for over forty (40) years. He represents exclusively employers in labor and employment matters.
Mr. Binotto’s labor and employment experience includes representing clients in both traditional and non-traditional labor and employment matters. He has successfully negotiated collective bargaining agreements with nearly every major labor union in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, New York, and Ohio. He has experience in handling complex labor disputes, including issues relating to grievance arbitrations, unfair labor practice charges, strikes, boycotts, hand billing, jurisdictional disputes, union representation elections, union decertifications, and picketing.
He has handled labor disputes throughout the United States. He has also defended clients in both state and federal employment discrimination claims and law suits. Mr. Binotto frequently lectures and trains clients on proper employee relations practices, and the benefits of maintaining a pro-employee environment.
Mr. Binotto also has experience in negotiating oil and gas leases in western Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia, especially with regard to the Marcellus shale strata leases. Mr. Binotto has served as special labor counsel for a number of municipal clients in Southwestern Pennsylvania, including handling complex matters under the Pennsylvania Public Employee Labor Relations Act, No. 195; and has successfully handled numerous municipal interest arbitrations under said Act.
- Acted as a member of the bargaining team and/or chief negotiator for clients in collective bargaining negotiations with nearly every major labor union in the tri-state area and New York.
- Represented employers throughout the United States in employee grievance arbitrations.
- Defended employers on unfair labor practice charges before the National Labor Relations Board in multiple states.
- Advised and strategized on work stoppages, plant closures strike misconduct, hand billing, picketing, unemployment compensation, hiring replacement workers, lockout issues, union jurisdictional disputes, and general employment issues.
- Represented clients in complex union jurisdictional disputes over work assignments.
- Represented construction clients in complex state and federal court litigation and arbitrations.
- J.D. Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law
- B.A. The Pennsylvania State University
- Washington County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Listed by Verdict Search as a lead attorney in obtaining the 35th highest jury verdict in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in 2010 in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Admitted: Federal District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Admitted: Second and Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Member, Greater Canonsburg Chambers of Commerce
- Chair, Washington County Bar Personnel Committee
- Member, Washington Hospital Health Futures Board
- Member, Federal District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, Mediation / Arbitration Panel
- Member, Washington County Court of Common Pleas Arbitration Panel
- Board Member, Southwestern PA March of Dimes
Rate : $$$