For more than 25 years, Mr. Phillip J. Duffy has defended a wide range of traditional materials and equipment manufacturers and drug product manufacturers in personal injury, wrongful death, and property damage cases alleging design and manufacturing defects and failure to warn, including, but not limited to, cases arising out of accidents and exposure to asbestos-containing products.
He has also represented clinical laboratories and healthcare providers in negligence, wrongful birth, and wrongful death litigations arising out of gynecologic, breast and other cancers, genetic birth defects, and chromosomal abnormalities. He also frequently lectures on medico-legal risk management issues, with a particular focus in women’s health.
Mr. Duffy has also represented an array of private and public entities in a variety of business litigation matters, including breach of contract and other commercial disputes, defamation and other media law matters, and land use cases involving zoning and condemnation.
Moreover, he is certified in E-Discovery Best Practices and is a founding member of the Gibbons Electronic Discovery & Information Management Counseling Task Force. He regularly counsels clients and frequently lectures on information governance and e-discovery issues.
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- Editorial Board, Seton Hall Constitutional Law Journal
- Rutgers University (B.A.)
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- State of New Jersey, Office of the Courts
- Certified Mediator
- District VB (Suburban Essex)
- Ethics Committee, September 2003
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Chair, Annual Meeting, Electronic Discovery Committee
- Judicial clerk to the Honorable Joseph T. Ryan, Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Division, Hudson County
- Intern to the Honorable Nicholas H. Politan, United States District Judge for the District of New Jersey
Rate : $$$