Phillip DeRosier is a member in the firm’s Detroit office, where he specializes in state and federal civil appeals. Phil has more than 15 years’ experience representing industry-leading corporations, banks, insurance companies, and individuals in the Michigan Supreme Court, Michigan Court of Appeals, and several United States Courts of Appeals.
Phil has successfully handled a wide variety of complex appellate matters, ranging from commercial contracts to insurance to business torts. With a strong background in research and brief writing, he also provides valuable litigation services and trial support.
Phil is a past Chair of the governing Council of the State Bar of Michigan’s Appellate Practice Section. He was named “Detroit Lawyer of the Year 2018 – Appellate Practice” by Best Lawyers in America. Before joining the firm, Phil served as a law clerk for Michigan Supreme Court Justice Robert P. Young, Jr., and was a staff attorney at the Michigan Court of Appeals.
- Michigan State University, B.A., 1993
- Western Michigan University Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D., 1996
- Michigan, 1996
- 2016 Michigan Appellate Bench Bar Conference, Secretary and Session Reporter
- State Bar of Michigan Appellate Practice Section, Council Member and Past Chair
- 2013 Michigan Appellate Bench Bar Conference, Secretary and Session Moderator
- Detroit Regional Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Detroit (Class XXXIV)
- 2010 Michigan Appellate Bench Bar Conference, Secretary and Session Moderator
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association, Chair of the Appellate Practice Section
Rate : $$$