Phillip A. Rosenberg focuses his practice on trademark, copyright and domain name counseling and enforcement. During law school, he was a managing editor of the Rutgers Computer & Technology Law Journal, the oldest law review in the United States devoted to the impact of computers and technology on the law. Mr. Rosenberg also participated in the Saul Lefkowitz Moot Court Competition in Trademark and Unfair Competition Law, organized by the International Trademark Association (INTA). He has significant experience as an intellectual property paralegal in both law firm and in-house settings, including trademark portfolio management, intellectual property due diligence, and domain name acquisition and recovery.
Mr. Rosenberg was recognized in 2018 and the five years immediately preceding as a New York “Rising Star” in the area of Intellectual Property by Super Lawyers magazine.
- Served as lead defense counsel for publisher, Pearson Education, Inc. in a trademark dispute in which defendant claimed that the title of one of Pearson’s textbooks infringed defendant’s trademark rights. Negotiated the settlement agreement which resolved the case.
- Successfully represented Deluxe Holding, the owner of the POINTER mark for footwear and apparel, in a priority and trademark dispute against BYM, the owner of the POYNTER mark for footwear.
- Served as IP counsel in a case in the Delaware Chancery Court. Represented fashion design house, Tory Burch, LLC which brought claims against a former director alleging that its former director competed unfairly against the company by launching a knockoff version of the “Tory Burch” brand created with the company’s confidential information and in violation of his fiduciary duties and contractual obligations. Negotiated the settlement agreement which resolved the case.
- J. Christopher Burch v. Tory Burch LLC, et al., No. 7921-CS (Del. Ch., Nov. 5, 2012).
- Rutgers School of Law – Newark, J.D. (2010)
- Georgetown University School of Foreign Service, B.S., Foreign Service (1998)
- New York (2011)
- New Jersey (2010)
- U.S. District Court – District of New Jersey (2010)
Rate : $$$$