Phillip R. Sumpter is an associate in the Wilmington office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, where his practice focuses on corporate governance litigation and counseling. He advises and represents companies, directors, officers, and stockholders on matters involving the Delaware General Corporation Law.
He has experience in issues of fiduciary duty arising out of a wide variety of transactional and operational contexts, including mergers and acquisitions litigation, and has litigated derivative and complex commercial litigation in the Delaware Court of Chancery.
He has also conducted internal investigations on behalf of boards and special board committees, litigated stock appraisal and Section 220 actions and appeals before the Supreme Court of the State of Delaware, and second-chaired numerous mediations.
Prior to joining the firm, Phillip practiced for several years in the corporate litigation and counseling group at a Delaware law firm and served as a judicial intern to Judge Kent A. Jordan of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. Before attending law school, he worked as an analyst at a consulting firm.
- J.D., J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University, 2012
- B.S., Economics, Brigham Young University—Idaho, 2008
ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Former Associate Member, Board of Bar Examiners of the Supreme Court of Delaware (2015-2017)
- Member, Delaware State Bar Association
- Member, J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- Member, American Bar Association
- State Bar of Delaware
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
Rate : $$$