Phoenix S. Pak regularly counsels clients on identifying, protecting, defending, and enforcing their intellectual property. His practice primarily focuses on patent infringement litigation in federal court.
Phoenix represented both plaintiff and defendants in a wide range of infringement cases, including infringement actions under the Hatch-Waxman Act. His litigation experience extends from the pleading stage to pretrial motion practice through discovery.
Phoenix routinely engages in key aspects of electronic discovery, including retention, collection, preservation and production.
Phoenix is also a Registered Patent Attorney and regularly prosecutes patent applications before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. He also has represented a client in an Inter Partes review and Cover Business Method Review before the Patent Trial and Appeals Board.
Representative Matters :
- Representing plaintiff in a patent infringement case currently pending in the Southern District of New York. Baseball Quick, LLC v. MLB Advanced Media L.P., 1:11-cv-01735 (S.D.N.Y. Aug. 23, 2010).
- Prosecution counsel for Metropolitan Life Insurance before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Counsel for Moat, Inc. before the Patent in Inter Partes Review and Covered Business Method Review proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeals Board.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D., 2008
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, B.S., 1999, Mechanical Engineering
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
COURT ADMISSIONS : U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$