Phyllis Y. Young is a transactional lawyer with deep experience in finance, financial restructurings, mergers and acquisitions, and other corporate matters. She routinely handles secured lending transactions, debt restructurings and complex intercreditor arrangements.
Phyllis brings a keen awareness of market terms and a solution-oriented mindset to her work. She considers legal issues from a commercial perspective and is highly sensitive to the business demands and opportunities that her clients face.
- Has served as outside general counsel to clients in the oil refining and drilling sectors, as well as the steel distribution industry.
- Advises lenders and borrowers on financing transactions to meet growing business demands.
- Counsels clients on mergers and acquisitions.
- Assists clients with restructuring and refinancing debt arrangements.
- Counseled a designer and manufacturer in a debt refinancing involving the deleveraging of a debt facility. The matter involved multiple jurisdictions in the United States, Asia and Europe.
- Represented an energy investment fund in connection with numerous reserve-based loan facilities to borrowers in the oil and gas exploration and production industry, as well as loan facilities to oilfield services companies.
- Advised a hydraulic fracturing company in securing financing to support the construction of pressure pumping equipment. The financing was critical to the client in meeting growing business demands.
- Established a new investment structured as a debt facility for a leading capital management firm to finance a natural resources company and structured the related equity kicker. The structure of the investment was bespoke, based on specific company considerations and market terms.
- Provided advice to a large commercial bank in numerous secured, asset-based lending transactions.
- Member, Miller Theatre advisory board, appointed by the Mayor of Houston.
- Member, board of directors, Texas Appleseed.
- Member, Texas Wall Street Women.
- Executive Committee, University of Texas School of Law Alumni Association.
- Advisory board member, Institute for Energy Law.
- Member, International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation.
- Member, Houston Bar Association.
- Member, board of directors, RAISE Texas.
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 2001
- B.B.A., University of Texas at Austin, with high honors, 1998
Rate : $$$