An experienced employment lawyer, Porsche D. Austin builds strategic partnerships with clients in order to assist with employment law compliance and achieve clients’ business goals. She seeks to educate clients on best employee relations practices to reduce risks and create effective solutions. A thorough and passionate advocate, Porsche also represents management clients in litigation involving disputes between employees and employers at all levels.
As an Employment Learning Innovations (ELI©) certified trainer, Porsche conducts corporate training on a variety of topics, including anti discrimination laws and policies, proper investigation of complaints of discrimination and harassment, effective employee performance coaching and counseling, and compliant pay practices. She has trained hundreds of management-level and hourly employees at a variety of companies.
- First-chaired a three-day arbitration hearing involving claims of sex-based discrimination, disability discrimination and retaliation, resulting in an award in favor of the client.
- Secured dismissal of sexual harassment claims against the co-president of a company after thorough pre-litigation investigation of the claims, which absolved the client.
- Obtained voluntary dismissal of a complaint before the U.S. Department of Labor by a group of individuals alleging improper classification as independent contractors against a construction company.
- Succeeded in obtaining voluntary compliance with restrictive covenant agreements by a client’s key salesperson who had taken steps to open a competing business.
- Regularly assists clients in modifying company policies in order to remain compliant with evolving federal and state law.
- J.D., Pepperdine University School of Law, 2008; cum laude; Charter Member, Note/Comment Editor, Journal of Business, Entrepreneurship and the Law
- B.B.A., Georgia State University, 2005, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia
- National Employment Law Council
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Personnel Committee
- Labor and Employment Law Section
- Bleckley Inn of Court: Barrister (2013)
Rate : $$$