Powell “Gee” Ogletree, Jr. represents clients throughout the southern United States in real estate, finance and development matters with a focus on forestry and agricultural transactions. He advises clients on the purchase and sale of large tracts of land as well as natural resources and environmental matters, including the purchase and sale of wetlands mitigation banks.
Gee’s knowledge of forestry law from the perspective of industry, TIMOs, private landowners, harvesters and others has earned him a national reputation. Gee also negotiates and closes real estate and financing transactions including the development of industrial facilities, hotels, shopping centers, and other commercial properties as well as transactions involving economic development financial incentives.
He also advises on tenant leases and lease disputes and writes opinions in connection with loans. Gee advises on title insurance and is a title insurance agent on behalf of several national title insurance companies. Gee is a leader of the firm’s forestry practice.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 1980
- University of Southern Mississippi, B.S., 1977
Professional Affiliations & Memberships:
- American Bar Association, Section of Environment, Energy and Resources, Chair – Special Committee on Annual Awards; Past Council Member; Past Chair – Forestry Committee
- Rankin County Chamber of Commerce, Past President, Council Member
- Mississippi Forestry Association, General Counsel; Past Board Member/Executive Committee
- American Forest and Paper Association
- Forest Landowners Association
- Mississippi Manufactured Housing Association, Counsel
- University of Southern Mississippi Foundation, Past President, Past Board Member
- University of Southern Mississippi Alumni Association, Past Board Member
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers, Member
Rate : $$$