Priscilla O’Briant is a partner in the Las Vegas office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Practices. Ms. O’Briant’s practice focuses primarily on insurance coverage and bad faith litigation, specializing in claims and lawsuits arising from first party coverage disputes.
Ms. O’Briant has also authored coverage opinions for clients and obtained summary judgment in declaratory relief actions on coverage issues. She has advised insurers on the duty to defend and indemnify and claims handling standards under Nevada law and is often called upon to analyze an insurer’s handling and defense of complicated third party claims and litigation.
Ms. O’Briant has also sought recovery of insurance funds through subrogation and contribution actions, as well as defended such actions. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. O’Briant represented insurers in coverage disputes arising out of complex construction defect litigation.
- William S. Boyd School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2006
- Johns Hopkins University, Bachelor of Arts, 1993
- State Bar Admissions, Nevada
- State Supreme Courts, Nevada Supreme Court
- State Appellate Courts, Nevada Court of Appeals
- United States District Courts, United States District Court for the District of Nevada
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
Rate : $$$