Purvi Patel Albers is a member of the firm’s board of directors and serves as trusted adviser and counsel to Fortune 500 companies and high-growth ventures on the management of their valuable brand investments.
Purvi has been recognized for bringing “an amazing personality and a fantastic reputation” to her work on portfolio management and trademark enforcement for domestic and multinational companies. (Chambers USA, Chambers and Partners, 2017). She also has been highlighted by World Trademark Review for her “sophisticated brand management skills” and “incisive analysis, commercial awareness, and fast turnaround times.”
Purvi’s primary practice focus includes:
- U.S. and foreign trademark clearance, protection and enforcement strategy
- U.S. and foreign trademark and internet enforcement, including oppositions, cancellations and Uniform Dispute Resolution Proceedings (UDRP) disputes
- Social media counseling and enforcement
- Copyright, trade dress, non-traditional trademark and customs counseling and enforcement.
Purvi previously served on the board of directors of the International Trademark Association (INTA) and co-chaired INTA’s 2013 annual meeting.
- J.D., Emory University, 1998, Managing Editor, Emory International Law Review
- B.A., Emory University, 1995, summa cum laude
ADMISSIONS : Texas
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES :
- International Trademark Association (INTA) – Board of Directors (2013-2015); Co-Chair of Annual Meeting 2013; Impact Studies Committee (2016-present); Leadership Development Committee (2012-2016); Chair of the Young Practitioner’s Committee (2009-2011)
- State Bar of Texas Intellectual Property Law Section
- State Bar of Texas Minority Counsel Program Steering Committee (2003-2005, 2007, 2011, 2012)
- Dallas Theater Center – Board of Trustees
- TACA – The Arts Community Alliance – Board of Directors
- National and Dallas Asian American Bar Association
Rate : $$$$