Qi Chen is an associate in the Technology Transactions practice in Mayer Brown LLP’s Chicago office. Qi recently completed a six month secondment at Mayer Brown’s Hong Kong office, where he practiced as a Registered Foreign Lawyer.
Qi focuses his practice on business and technology sourcing transactions and other technology licensing and development transactions. Qi has represented clients in outsourcing matters that include information technology services, business processes and functions, facilities management services, and cloud computing.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2013, Qi worked as an Atomic Force Microscope applications engineer helping semi-conductor manufacturers solve complex technical issues and develop novel processes. Qi received his JD from Chicago-Kent College of Law in 2013, where he was an Executive Articles Editor for the Chicago-Kent Law Review.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, JD, magna cum laude
- Iowa State University, MAS
- Iowa State University, BS
Admissions : Illinois
- Represented leading food company in outsourcing information technology infrastructure functions globally.
- Represented a global healthcare company in outsourcing its information technology infrastructure functions.
- Represented multiple clients in cloud computing contracts, including global email systems, global HR data systems, and various software as a service engagements.
- Represented a food products company in re-sourcing finance and accounting functions from an incumbent outsourced service provider to a replacement service provider.
- Represented a global bank in the negotiation of a backup as a service agreement for backup and storage of bank data.
Rate : $$$