R. Andrew Hutchinson is a labor and employment lawyer and general litigator in the Firm’s Tri-Cities, Tennessee/Virginia office. Mr. Hutchinson concentrates his practice in the areas of labor and employment law and commercial litigation.
He advises employers on a wide range of employment-related and general business topics and has experience in mediating, arbitrating and litigating claims based on the Civil Rights Acts, FMLA, ADA, ERISA and state-specific employment laws.
Additionally, Mr. Hutchinson has worked extensively with banks and special servicers in wide-ranging commercial mortgage-backed security matters including foreclosure, receiverships, defense of borrower litigation and guarantor recovery.
- University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphries School of Law, J.D., 2006
- Millsaps College, B.S., 2001
- Tennessee, 2006
- Washington, D.C., 2007
- North Carolina, 2013
- West Virginia, 2014
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Middle, Eastern and Western Districts of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
- Obtained a favorable jury verdict for a Fortune 500 telecommunications company.
- Successfully defended a communications company in a trip and fall case, resulting in the defendant paying damages equaling only 13 percent of the plaintiff’s final demand.
- Obtained summary judgment and dismissal of all claims for a national retailer in age discrimination claim.
- Obtained dismissal of bad faith claims against a national insurer.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – American, Tennessee and Washington County Bar Associations
- Member – Federal Practice Section Executive Council, Tennessee Bar Association
- Recipient – Pro Bono Attorney of the Year, Legal Aid of East Tennessee (2014)
- Recipient – Pro Bono Attorney of the Year, Legal Aid of East Tennessee (2013)
- Intern to Chief Judge Jon P. McCalla, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee, 2006
- President Law and Technology Society, University of Memphis Chapter (2005 − 2006)
Rate : $$$