R. Barrow Blackwell is a member in the firm’s Williamsburg office. His practice includes civil litigation, health care, and labor and employment matters. His civil litigation experience emphasizes business, commercial, construction and real estate litigation matters in addition to insurance defense in personal injury, medical malpractice defense, legal malpractice defense, products liability, premises liability and other liability matters.
Barrow’s health care litigation practice ranges from representing physicians and their practices in liability matters and practice dissolution as well as hospitals and health systems in litigation matters. He regularly represents physicians, dentists and other licensed health care providers before their respective licensing boards.
Barrow’s corporate health care practice includes the formation of practice entities, employment contracts, fraud and abuse, anti-kickback and Stark regulations, and counseling for hospitals and physicians. He also advises health care clients on risk management and medical staff issues.
Barrow also represents employers exclusively in a wide range of employment matters including regulation and litigation, contracts, litigation of federal and state discrimination claims, Fair Housing Act, OSHA, ADA, and wage and hour laws.
- University of Virginia; B.A., high honors, 1974
- College of William & Mary School of Law; J.D., 1977
- Litigation Counsel of America
- American Health Lawyers Association; Member
- Virginia State Bar; Health Law and Litigation Sections
- Walsingham Academy Board of Trustees, 2014-2017
- Virginia State Bar, Sixth District Lawyer Disciplinary Committee; Member, 2011-present; Vice Chair, 2013-2014
- This Century Art Gallery, Member, Board of Directors, 2014-present
Rate : $$$